02 April 2009

Wise Beyond His Years: Damian Finch

What were you doing when you were 12? I was in 7th grade. I obsessed with everything O-Town, NSYNC and Britney Spears-related. The Blair Witch Project freaked me out, and the Gilmore Girls were my heroes. That's pretty basic stuff compared to this New York wunderkind.

Meet Damian Finch, the 12 year old designer. The fashion world is already taking notice of his line. I came across him in a men.style.com article. Flipping through his lookbook, I was impressed. His pieces are well-tailored for the urban crowd. I don't know how many 12 year olds would wear his line, but they should.

Confederacy owner and stylist Ilaria Urbinati said, "The line feels fresh because Finch has yet to be tainted the way the older designers have become. His aesthetic is so pure." I agree.











(all photos from men.style.com)

No comments: