25 June 2009

A Look at the King of Pop


Michael Jackson
(August 29, 1958 - June 25, 2009)


I'm not going to sit here and pretend I was a huge Michael Jackson fan. I'm not. I liked a couple of his songs, but he's not my favorite artist. My favorite artist is Justin Timberlake, one of the countless artists who note the King of Pop as their greatest influence. So it's Michael I thank for inspiring the people I look up to.

There is no doubt in my mind that Michael was a dynamic performer. He was captivating on stage, and there will never be another artist like him. He will be greatly missed all around the globe and especially in my house where MJ is basically my mom's JT.

Through all the news coverage and inevitable speculation that will soon bombard us, I hope we will all remember Michael as a brilliant performer, doting father and loving man who inspired many. R.I.P.

(photo from nitro:licious)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading this.....good job my dtr

<3 mom