30 August 2009

Sunday Sounds: R.I.P. DJ AM


Friday night I logged on to Facebook and was stunned when my friend's status was, "Omg dj am passed away."

I headed right over to TMZ to see if it was true. Sadly it was. A few minutes later I tweeted, "OMG, DJ AM died?" That's something I never thought I'd be tweeting this year, especially since AM and Blink-182's Travis Barker survived a tragic plane crash just last year.

AM's death came as a shock to everyone. We'll all just have to wait until the autopsy and toxicology reports are released before we know what really happened, but in the meantime I thought we should celebrate AM's musical savvy.



Not everyone can be a DJ. It really takes a musical genius to mix tracks just right to keep the crowd guessing and the party going. That's why I liken DJs of AM's caliber to modern-day composers.

Never again will there be another DJ like AM. Make sure you go to trvsdjam.com for the TRV$DJAM mixtapes. They're classics now.











Forever the music fan, AM's last tweet was lyrics from Grandmaster Flash's New York New York:

"New york, new york. Big city of dreams,
but everything in new york aint always what it seems."




I'm sure you and MJ are keeping the party jumpin' up in heaven right now man. R.I.P.

(photo 1 from thisislavie.com; photos 2-4 from djam.com)

No comments: