01 September 2009

Tuesday Time Out: Six-Word Memoirs by Teens

When I'm in school I really don't have time to read. Okay, that's a lie. I probably have time, but I just don't feel like reading anything substantial after reading textbook after textbook.

On the rare occasion I do read during the semester, I usually gravitate towards coffee table reads like the Post Secret books. They're quick and painless, and the creativity behind them gives me ideas for projects.

The latest coffee table book on my to-read list is Smith Magazine's I Can't Keep My Own Secrets: Six-Word Memoirs by Teens, available in bookstores today. I love that teens are taking part in Smith Magazine's Six-Word memoirs. I would have loved to do that when I was a teen, but now I'm 21 so I digress.

I love Smith Magazine's Six-Word memoirs. They're so much fun to write. After months of thinking, I finally came up with one about me: "80s baby, 90s kid, millenial lady." Just don't steal that! Of course I can't leave my blog out of the loop: "GRAE New York, best blog ever!"

Now watch the trailer for I Can't Keep My Own Secrets here. Who knows? You may just spot a certain teen country singer's six-word memoir.

No comments: