18 January 2010

GRAE's Best Dressed: Golden Globes Edition

Alright, who planned the Golden Globes? By now you should have heard or seen that it was raining in LA yesterday so the celebs had to take to red carpet with umbrellas. Was NBC too busy wheeling and dealing with Jay and Conan to have a backup plan for wet weather? Where was the tent?

Luckily a little rain couldn't keep the stars from getting all glammed up. The color of the night was definitely black. I'm unsure if this is because celebs didn't want the raindrops on their dresses to show or it's the new favorite color of the award show season.

Here are my favorite red carpet looks.

(13) Lea Michele in Oscar de la Renta:
I thought the cut of this gown looked great on Lea, but I wasn't too thrilled about the color. I felt it should have been a shade of purple, blue or green. Anyone agree?



(12) Carey Mulligan in Nina Ricci:
I think Carey pulled this dress off, but I was more concerned with how she accessorized her adorable pixie cut with that headband.



(11) Jennifer Aniston in Valentino:
I didn't watch the show so I don't know why Jennifer Aniston was there. Did she present or was she there to support BFF Courtney Cox? Anyway, she looked great! Check out those Versace shoes. So hot!



(10) Diane Kruger in Christian Lacroix Haute Couture:
Who doesn't like a pop of pink on the red carpet? I'm not sure I could pull off the ruffled neckline, but Diane definitely can. Plus who doesn't love Pacey Joshua Jackson holding the umbrella over her looking like he's about to break into a verse of Singing in the Rain.



(9) Ginnifer Goodwin in Vionnet:
I thought Ginnifer really stood out on the red carpet. That could just be because she was in a short bright blue dress in a sea of long and black gowns. Whatever it was, she definitely caught my eye.



(8) Sandra Bullock in Bottega Veneta:
Sandra looked regal in this purple number. It was different from everything else on the red carpet and her unfussy hair went with her outfit (and the weather) perfectly.



(7) Calista Flockhart in Alberta Ferretti:
I don't think I really heard anyone mention Calista's dress, but I will give it the much-needed attention it deserves. Notice how the flapper-inspired dress doesn't overpower her small frame. I also liked that she paired her outfit with an unstuffy strand of pearls.



(6) Halle Berry in Kaufman Franco:
Halle, Halle, Halle. This woman can do no wrong on the red carpet. She looks amazing in this curve-hugging number. Just look at that sexy back. It's like Justin wrote that song for her.



(5) Christina Hendricks in Christian Siriano:
Christina was really able to show off her gorgeous curves in this beautiful ruffled dressed. So fierce Siriano!



(4) Maria Menounos in Romona Keveza:
It was through a series of tweets, TwitVids and TweetPhotos from Miss Maria that I first heard of the rain-soaked red carpet. A little wet weather didn't get my fave TV host down. She was all smiles in this wonderful one-shoulder number and I loved her gold shoes.



(3) Cameron Diaz in Alexander McQueen:
I think this is my favorite dress Cameron's ever worn. The red's as bright as her personality, and unlike the gold shoes Maria paired with her dress, Cameron opted for black. Very nice.



(2) Kristin Bell in Jasmine di Milo:
K.Bell looked adorable in this. I'm not a fan of long dresses so if I was going to the Golden Globes, this is the type of hemline I would aim for.



(1) Sofia Vergara in Carolina Herrera:
For this look, Sofia gets my Best Dressed of the Night award. The shade of blue and the little red detailing along the top were unique. I also liked that she kept the accessories to a minimum. Very classy.



Now I can't let the girls have all the fun. Among the dapper dudes were Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Chace Crawford.



Chace just looked hot and everyone was taking notice.
I love that Leo went for the three-piece tux. You know I'm a sucker for a vest.
I really wanted JGL to win for (500) Days of Summer, but at least he was able to attend the show and look good while doing it.

As I said earlier, I really liked Kristin Bell's choice of a shorter hemline. If I had attended the award show, I would have selected this short and classy dress by Jason Wu.



Now on to the next awards show!

(photos from JustJared, Yahoo! OMG, Style.com and Vulture)

No comments: