01 January 2010

Username Jewellery is About Survival of the Hippest

To begin the new year, John Mayer decided to go on a digital cleanse for a week. This means no Twitter for him.

So what will this Twitter addict do? According to Mr. Mayer, "I will read books. I will listen to music. I will better track the words of others as they're spoken to me." And hopefully, "By not micro-trading in my emotional stock value every second of the day, I may just end up seeing the bigger, beautiful picture."

Sounds good to me so much so that I too am on this digital cleanse. I've been on Twitter for almost two years now and wanted to see what life before the micro-blogging site was like.

In the meantime I'm busy doing other stuff like checking my emails. (One digital thing at a time people.) A few days ago I came across Survival of the Hippest in my Daily Candy newsletter. Have you ever wanted to get your Twitter username on a necklace, keychain or bracelet? Survival of the Hippest lets you do just that.



I filled out the order form for an 18" sterling silver @graenewyork necklace and it came to $73.65. Sounds pretty reasonable since my username's 12 characters long. If I had money I'd place an order -- it's basically the "Carrie" necklace for the Twitter set. But alas, I'm a broke college student. Once I get that 9 to 5, I'll be all over this.

(photo from @thehippest)

No comments: