26 June 2010

Grae's Guide to Summer 2010 :: The Book List

Recently I was cleaning my room and found a questionnaire I filled out in 5th grade. It asked what my hobbies were, and I replied "Read, read, read!" Apparently I was a geek. Great. I still like to read, but I have to find the right books. These days I'm into non-fiction because fiction books are either about vampires or lackluster Sex and the City-like characters.

Here's what I'll be reading this summer.

"If You Have to Cry, Go Outside: And Other Things Your Mother Never Told You" by Kelly Cutrone


According to my favorite new blogger London Workie and just about every other media person, this is the go-to-guide for PR girls-in-training like myself. I just got it from the library today, so you can expect a review when I'm done.

"Bitch Is the New Black" by Helena Andrews


A few weeks ago I read the beginning of this book in Barnes & Noble. After Helena listed Robin Thicke as one of the things black women had won, I was sold.

"Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert


I took this book out from the library earlier in the month and only had time to read a third of it before it was due. What I read, I liked. It's inspired me to take up Italian again so I can go to Italy. Hopefully I'll be able to read the remaining two-thirds of the book soon.

"All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten" by Robert Fulghum


This book has been on my book list for years now. Maybe I'll finally get around to it this year.

"Poor Little Bitch Girl" by Jackie Collins


This is the only fiction book I'm interested in reading right now. Every time I hear Jackie Collins talk about it, the plot reminds me of the Gossip Girl and A-List series I was into a few years ago.

"Valley of the Dolls" by Jacqueline Susann


I'm not really a fan of classics unless F. Scott Fitzgerald writes them. However, practically every show I watch has mentioned this book. Maybe I'll give it a go.

Do you have any books to add to my list? Tell me in the comments section.

2 comments:

LONDONworkie said...

Thanks for giving me a mention, you're a darling.
I've also read Eat, Love, Pray - amazing book! Take it out again, the other two thirds are worth it..
LONDONworkie
xxx

Shari Baldie said...

You're welcome! All the library's copies of 'Eat, Pray, Love' are on hold. Everyone wants to read it before the movie comes out, lol.