19 July 2010

"The Social Network" - Why So Cryptic?


To me Facebook is all fun and games -- I could play Nightclub City all day (and have). Based on the new trailer for The Social Network (a.k.a. "the Facebook movie"), there's a dark side to the beloved site.

To emphasize this dark side the trailer features tons of darkly lit party scenes, cryptic conversations, and legal drama. And then there's the tagline, "You don't get to 500 million friends without making a few enemies." Okay then.

Why's this film seem creepier than a horror movie? It's about Facebook for God's sake! I've seen video of the Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg on TMZ, and he definitely didn't seem like a creeper to me.

I'm not feeling all the drama in The Social Network even if it is based on truth and Justin Timberlake is in the cast. Would you see this movie - yay or nay? (Comment please.)

No comments: