05 October 2010

My Friend. My Rival.

Okay, let's dish. We all have that friend who's also our rival. They're at the same level like us so just about everything is grounds for competition - a graded assignment, a "friendly" game of cards, who gets picked first for a recess football game.

When I was growing up, my best friend in elementary school was also my rival. We both got good grades, but she always did a little better than me. While I had an athletic build, she was actually athletic and was always chosen first in gym class.


In the new ABC show The Whole Truth, we meet Kathryn and Jimmy, lawyers who are friends/rivals. In the beginning of the first episode they talk about an upcoming speaking engagement at NYU. Within a matter of minutes they're on opposings sides of the judicial system trying to one up each other.

Kathryn and Jimmy's relationship reminds me of the one I have with my friend. While the minor competitions we have annoy me at times, I love her for keeping me on my toes all the time. Similarly, when Kathryn and Jimmy are in court, they're ALWAYS keeping each other on their toes as they try to win a case.

What's great about this kind of relationship is that when the competition's over, you always go back to being friends.

Make sure you check out Kathryn and Jimmy's friendly rivalry on the The Whole Truth every Wednesday on ABC at 10 p.m. EST/9 p.m. C!

Watch the clip below.



I have been hired by Warner Bros WBWord division to raise awareness for 'The Whole Truth.'

No comments: