19 November 2010

Rihanna Gets 'Loud'

Rihanna, Rihanna, Rihanna. Where do I begin?

Okay, let's start with her What's My Name video that I've been watching on a loop since last Friday. She's really catering to the ladies with this video. What girl isn't wishing she could trade places with Ri so Drake can corner her in the corner store. My fave comment about the video is, "Rihanna just spilling milk though, that's like $2.29 worth of milk." Correct, but it's totally worth it if Drake is involved.


In addition to the video, I've also been spinning Ri's album on repeat. It's great to see how much her sound has evolved over the course of 5 albums. Yes, you read that right, 5 albums!


If you weren't into the much darker Rated R, you'll be glad to know Ri has seen the light. Loud is much more fun with songs like S&M and Raining Men which features a verse by Nicki Minaj. My must-have tracks are What's My Name featuring Drake and Cheers (Drink to That) which samples Avril Lavigne's "yeah yeah" vocals from I'm With You. My stuck-on-repeat-for-the-week track is the sensual Skin. Trust me, you're not going to want to skip that one.

At just 22, Rihanna's on top of her game. I can't wait to see what's next from the Barbadian beauty.

2 comments:

crush'ed said...

Same! I'm loving 'Loud' I have it on loop and so does my roommate. Somehow the only thing I wasn't on board with was her red hair but the longer length fits her.

Shari B said...

Yeah, Ri toned the red down a little bit at the AMAs so it's not as "loud." Or maybe it just looks that way because it was curly and not straight, lol.