20 December 2010

The Vs: To Welcome or Not?

We all have visitors for the holidays. Some we welcome warmly like grandma who makes the best chocolate chip cookies in the world, and others not so warmly like that uncle who always has way too much eggnog. The characters on ABC's V also know a thing or two about visitors.

Season 1 of V is available on DVD now!

The series begins with the Vs (short for Visitors) descending upon Earth to spread their beliefs of hope, unity, and universal health care (watch to figure that last one out). Almost instantly the population's divided between those who jump on the V bandwagon ready to help spread their message and those who question the true intentions of the Vs.

If the Vs landed in my suburban hometown, would I quickly join their cause? No!

I'm the type of person who observes a situation before deciding whether or not to join in. I've always been this way; just ask my 3rd grade teacher who once mentioned this to my mom in a parent teacher meeting. Knowing me, I'd be skeptical of the Vs as soon as Anna appeared on the big spaceship in the sky. Plus hope, unity, and universal health care (again, watch to figure that last one out) sound way too good to be true.

I'm sure my mom wouldn't be all gung-ho about the Vs either. Let's just say I come from a long line of skeptics, i.e. a police family who needs to see all the evidence before making important decisions that will affect our lives. If any of them joined the Vs without thinking twice, I'd be shocked!

Would you welcome the Vs with open arms or would you be skeptical like me? Catch up on V's first season at abc.com/v and decide for yourself before the 2nd season begins on Tuesday, January 4 (9/8 C). Visit http://bit.ly/e6ABTG to pick up your set in time for the holidays and the Season 2 Premiere!

Finally, some visitors you won't mind sharing the holidays with ... well, maybe ...

I have been hired by Warner Bros. WBWord division to promote V: The Complete First Season on DVD. You can purchase a copy here: http://bit.ly/e6ABTG

No comments: