13 April 2011

30 Day Song Challenge ... Days 11-15


Day 11 - A song from your favorite band
Panic! at the Disco - Build God, Then We Talk

I've been with Panic! since the initial ! conception, I stuck it out with them when they decided to drop the !, and I rejoiced when the ! returned. Yeah, they're my favorite band. And as a former Catholic school girl, all the religious symbolism in the lyrics of Build God, Then We Talk was so not lost on me.




Day 12 - A song from a band you hate
Taylor Swift - Haunted

Yes I know Taylor Swift is not a band. Yes I know millions of people love T-Swift. I am not one of those people, but I will admit Haunted is a brilliant f'n track.




Day 13 - A song that is a guilty pleasure
Framing Hanley - Built for Sin

If you look at my last.fm profile, you'll see that Built for Sin has been my most-played track since last year. Some days I just have to listen to it on a loop for hours on end. I can't explain it.




Day 14 - A song that no one would expect you to love
Brooke Hogan - Strip

I'm sure most of you have never heard this song before. I'm also pretty sure most of you didn't know Brooke released a second album in 2009. Strip was my favorite track from The Redemption. It sort of sounds like a track Britney would do.




Day 15 - A song that describes you
The White House Band - Grown-Ups

As I walked through the streets of NYC all dressed up, going about my business, I suddenly heard, "and I'm so grown up now, walking through the city with my grown-up style, yeah, they lookin' at me like I'm grown up, wow." In just three lines Grown-Ups captured my state of mind. When a song does that, you know it's epic.


No comments: