12 April 2011

30 Day Song Challenge ... Days 6-10

And the 30 day song challenge continues ...


Day 6: A song that reminds you of somewhere
The Jump Offs - After Party Conversations

This song reminds me of a night out in NYC. I don't know why, especially since The Jump Offs hail from Hawaii. There's just something about After Party Conversations that's very concrete jungle.




Day 7: A song that reminds you of a certain event
Ellie Goulding - Starry Eyed

I recently saw Ellie Goulding in concert (twice), so every time I hear Starry Eyed I think of her performing it about 5 yards in front of me (twice).




Day 8: A song that you know all the words to
Paula Abdul - Rush, Rush

Before you laugh your ass off, let me explain. When I was 3 I had a bright red cassette player (yeah, I'm that old) which I played my mom's Paula Abdul Rush Rush single on morning, noon, and night. Till this day whenever I hear the song I can sing along. Okay, cue the laughter. I know you want to.




Day 9: A song that you can dance to
Justin Timberlake - LoveStoned/I Think She Knows

Of all JT's tracks, LoveStoned is my fave. Even my last.fm username's luvstoned. Yeah, I'm a serious about my love for LoveStoned. Now if only I liked the music video for this track as much as I do the song itself.




Day 10: A song that makes you fall asleep
Maroon 5 - Secret

I'm not saying that Adam Levine makes me want to go to bed. Wait, that didn't come out right. Let's start over ... Secret always puts me in a dreamlike state, that's why it's on my bedtime playlist. I know when I fall asleep to this track I'll have sweet dreams ... that may or may not involve Adam Levine. ;-)

No comments: