02 December 2011

Lady Gaga Debuts "Marry the Night"


You know I love my Gaga. Last night I couldn't go to bed without watching her latest video "Marry the Night." As a Gaga fan before she became a household name, I must say it's one of her best videos to date! In a tweet Gaga said the 13:47 clip is "an autobiographical film recounting my past, revealing my struggles + love for showbiz." That's definitely the feeling I got from watching it.

This "film" actually reminded me a bit of Girl, Interrupted meets Center Stage. Yeah, I don't expect you to understand that reference unless you're me, lol. I just mean that she starts out in the mental hospital (à la Angelina Jolie, Brittany Murphy, and Winona Ryder in Girl, Interrupted). After her breakdown she picks herself (and her Bedazzler) up and goes to a dance class that reminds me of that scene in Center Stage when Jody goes to that dance class downtown.

Check out the video and tell me if you get any movie flashbacks too!

1 comment:

Scotch Corduroy said...

I wanted to like it, I really did, the video has numerous points where it could have potentially been great, but somehow I feel like it fails. I understand she's trying to push the boundaries that exist in art or otherwise nowadays, but there's just something not quite right you know? She almost seems insincere when she's telling her own story. Or maybe it's just me, maybe I just don't get it lol