20 January 2012

GRAE Weekly: 1.20.12 Edition

Solange Knowles
(image via Vogue Italia)
Spotted on Black Vogue Italia ...

There's always been something about Solange Knowles that I just love. She's so authentic and has a wicked sense of style and a killer voice. Currently she's working on a new album that I can't wait to hear. Solange recently spoke to Black Vogue Italia about music, fashion, love and success.

Read Solange Knowles

Spotted in The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl ...

Last year I became obsessed with the web series The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl. In the last episode, [SPOILER ALERT] Donald Glover a.k.a. Childish Gambino makes a surprise guest appearance. Two of his songs, Heartbeat and L.E.S., also provide the soundtrack for the episode.

Watch Childish Gambino Performs Heartbeat on Conan




Spotted on Vanity Fair ...

Last season if I missed an episode of Glee I felt like I had missed out on life. This season I've only seen 2 episodes of the show - one because NCIS was a rerun and the other because Matt Morrison looked hot in the previews dancing to Moves Like Jagger. I'm not the only one who feels the show's become stale. Vanity Fair's Brett Berk announced he's over the show too.

Read Why I'm Giving Up on Glee

Spotted on Sour Notes ...

This week on Sour Notes, Nic posed a great question that made me think: "Indie music…what exactly does this terminology mean when describing a musician and where is indie music heading?" Honestly I'm not so sure myself. I've worked with a number of fantastic underground musicians who are considered indie artists. Then I see other acts like Lana Del Rey who are signed to major labels and are still called indie artists. This is where the waters get murky. See what Nic has to say about it.

Read Indie Music - Where is it Heading?

Spotted on Arjan Writes ...

Ever heard of Stooshe? Me neither. This girl group just released a new video with Gym Class Heroes frontman Travie McCoy so of course I had to take notice. The girls seem fun, bubbly, and colorful. Totally going to start paying more attention to them.

Watch Love Me

No comments: