17 February 2012

GRAE Weekly: 2.17.12 Edition

Azealia Banks
(image via Complex)
Spotted on Jeremy Danté ...

The world's still in shock over Whitney Houston's sudden death. In this beautifully written post, Jeremy Danté shares why she was such an icon to us all and how she should be remembered.

Read Whitney Houston: An American Icon

Spotted on I Heart Daily ...

Valentine's Day may be over, but that doesn't mean sharing the love has to end. I Heart Daily recently interviewed Hannah Brencher, founder of The World Needs More Love Letters. The site encourages people to write love letters to the world and leave them in places for people to find. I love that idea! I also love that you can request a love letter to be sent to someone.

Read Cool Girl: Hannah Brencher of More Love Letters
Visit The World Needs More Love Letters

Spotted on Eric Sosa ...

(image via ericsosa.com)
Eric Sosa isn't just an up-and-coming rapper you should know about. He's also a poet whose latest poem Wait is a must-read.

Read Wait

Spotted on Complex ...

Azealia Banks. I knew the name. I saw her photos. I heard she played a Chanel party. But what did I really know about her? Not a damn thing. Until now. I came across a recent Complex profile on Azealia a few days ago. Why didn't I know about her before! I can totally relate to her "everything going well then suddenly losing it all" backstory, plus I love that she wants to stand out and bring something new to the scene. I can't wait to hear her debut album, "Broke With Expensive Taste." Isn't that title everything!

Read Who Is Azealia Banks?
Watch 212



Just a reminder for those of you in NYC or heading to NYC today and tomorrow ...


Today, 2/17 and tomorrow, 2/18, JackThreads has a mobile pop-up shop in Union Square West between 16th & 17th streets. The shop will have collections from WeSC, GoodWood, and more before they're online on the 19th so make sure you check it out so you can brag you were the first to know. Read my previous post for more details.

No comments: