16 March 2012

GRAE Weekly: 3.16.12 Edition

one of Eion's many photos of Cambodia
(image via blog.urbanoutfitters.com)

Spotted on UO Blog ...

Before Angelina Jolie adopted Maddox, I don't think I ever heard about Cambodia before. The Southeast Asian country is still a mystery to me so I was psyched to see Eoin's UO Blog posts chronicling his recent trip there. The posts give an cool insider's look at the culture and the people.

Read Wanderlust: Cambodia

Spotted on Billboard ...

After last month's Grammy's, folk/country duo The Civil Wars was one of the most talked-about acts of the night after Adele. It's no surprise to me that their album sales rose and they're moving up the charts. In last week's Billboard cover story we learn about the years before their big break.

Read The Civil Wars: The Billboard Cover Story

Spotted on Arjan Writes ...

As I scrolled aimlessly through my inbox in the wee hours of Thursday morning, a spotlight on Amsterdam singer Chagall caught my eye because of Arjan's well-delivered line: "... Chagall's music is an unorthodox brew of soul, pop and dubstep textures that is marked by her crisp delivery." That's all I needed to know to press play on her new single Alive.

Listen to Alive



Spotted on Spin ...

This weekend SXSW is coming to a close. If you weren't able to go like yours truly, check out who Spin says are the must-see acts. My money's on Zola Jesus. I think I've heard her name mentioned every day this week.

Read 40 Must-See Acts at SXSW 2012

Spotted on GQ ...

There's just something about a man in a well-tailored suit, especially if that man is Drake. The Canadian chart-topper is covering GQ this April all decked out in a sleek navy suit which will be perfect for when we get married. Should I have kept that last part to myself?

Read On the Cover: Drake
Watch The Fitting: Drake

No comments: